View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #117
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
You have repeatedly made this claim, but I am certain I've never seen it. Please link to just one post in the past year and a half where you have openly acknowledged you were wrong.
Do you always throw stones in glass houses?

Meanwhile, the general point from rkzenrage is accurate. There exist some serious and unanswered questions about these non-profits. Take the Catholic Church as example. An institution that must be heavy in wealth simply because of the number of buildings owned in Manhattan. A church that receives unknown amounts in donations, but as Tom Clancy noted in his book, did not even have funds to support their own priests in mainland China.

A charity organization that had to be subpoenaed in Philadelphia to release hundreds of priests the church listed in files as pedophiles - and only in that one diocese. rkzenrage raises good questions about the credibility of these non-profit organizations who seem to have so little money left for charity work.

Those who better worship god by giving to charity should donate instead to the Red Cross - or even better the Salvation Army.

If someone can defend the financial integrity of those institutions, then put forth the facts. Don't attack the questioner. The subject is religious institutions that even have massive funds to make political statements and commercials. 700 Club? That is a non-profit charity?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote