Thread: iTunes
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #15
glatt

I've tried to use the store only once. I wanted to buy Elton John's "Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" song off of his "Yellow Brick Road" CD.

I already owned his Greatest Hits on both vinyl and CD, and I had a live album as well on CD. None of those had this one particular song. I wanted it.

So I got an iTunes gift card for my birthday, and was thinking about what I wanted to buy, and remembered this one song. I figured 99 cents was a reasonable price to pay for it. So I tried to buy it, but it was the ONLY song on that CD that you weren't allowed to buy individually. Evey other song was offered for sale for 99 cents, but if you wanted that song, you had to buy the entire CD.

I was pissed, so I copied it from a friend's CD. Those fuckers can go to Hell. I tried to buy the song legally, but they wouldn't sell it to me. Screw them. This is coming from an old school CD buyer with several hundred CDs on his wall rack. I grew up paying for music. If they lose people like me, how is the music industry going to stay alive? I'll have no problem stealing all my music in the future whenever I can.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote