View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
rkzenrage

Men Abortion and Choice

From another site... My post on another thread. Thought it would start a nice conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D****
...according to proposed legislation in Ohio:

Abortion law would give fathers a say State legislators propose change; opponents blast bill as 'extreme'

Mike Hixenbaugh
July 30, 2007
Record-Courier staff writer

Quote:
Several Ohio state representatives who normally take an anti-abortion stance are now pushing pro-choice legislation - sort of.

Led by Rep. John Adams, a group of state legislators have submitted a bill that would give fathers of unborn children a final say in whether or not an abortion can take place.

It's a measure that, supporters say, would finally give fathers a choice.

"This is important because there are always two parents and fathers should have a say in the birth or the destruction of that child," said Adams, a Republican from Sidney. "I didn't bring it up to draw attention to myself or to be controversial. In most cases, when a child is born the father has financial responsibility for that child, so he should have a say."

As written, the bill would ban women from seeking an abortion without written consent from the father of the fetus. In cases where the identity of the father is unknown, women would be required to submit a list of possible fathers. The physician would be forced to conduct a paternity test from the provided list and then seek paternal permission to abort.
Source
If two people have sex and know how babies are made and know that no contraception is perfect they choose to risk getting pregnant, if they do it is a choice. They chose that risk and therefore chose the result.
If the male states that he wishes to choose full custody of the child that should be his right.
It is his child as much as hers.
The woman made a choice, one she made with someone else, knowing FULLY what her role would be before-hand... she need only fulfill her role as far as the birth is concerned, as far as she chose when she took the initial risk.