View Single Post
Old 09-16-2001, 10:07 PM   #8
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

Varietous meats

Well, since it's come up, here's a list of strange animals I've eaten parts of, or animals I've eaten strange parts of:

Venison heart: *wonderful*...my father had killed the deer himself, and I had him save me the heart. Rather tough, but juicy, and when allowed to marinate, quite great

Shark: backbone steaks near the tail. very tender, salty, didn't taste much like fih at all. to beat a dead cliche, it tasted like chicken

Dog: (my pet Jack Russel read this, as he's sitting on my lap right now, trying to lick a grease stain out of my shirt just for the hell of it. his eyes bugged out, and he slapped me) It's beef, but cheap. Same with cat....no real taste difference at all.

Ostrich: A good freind of mine owns an ostrich farm. They're also quite tasty, like free-range chicken or wild game hens. Meat along the thigh is a little tough, but they make the biggest goddamned hot wings I've ever eaten.

Croc: Salty, beefy, a little bit stringy (it was saltwater croc I ate.....imported, hard to find, expensive....I felt like splurging on something rare to impress a chick. I still didn't get laid). I'm not a fan of crocodile swimming in water or honey glaze.

Tuna: Now this may not seem strange, but the strange part was it was a 30 lb yellow-fin that had died less than an hour before we ate it. My god was it great. I can never go back to the canned crap now.

that's about all I can think of....but until then, mull over the attached image.
Attached Images

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

---Friedrich Nietzsche
alphageek31337 is offline   Reply With Quote