Thread: Harry Potter 7!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #43
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
HOLY CRAP! I'M GONNA SEE THE MIDNITE PREMIERE OF HARRY POTTER 5 IN CHICAGO AT THE NAVY PIER!
Yesterday, me and my girlfriend were in the Jewel parking lot and I was getting ready to go to work but first we were calling to a local pop station Kiss FM 103.5 to win Harry Potter tickets for the premiere Tuesday nite. And, we were the 103rd caller and won! The exact 103, out of like, who knows tens of thousands of callers.

How's them apples.
Prolly the luckiest I'll ever be for 20 years.
Wow! Congratulations
I say go with the gamblers' fallacy and consider yourself a luck magnet for the next few days.

I'm looking forward to the film, but it will be a while before I can see it due to finances. Doesn't stop me trying to glean hints from the trailers though!

I was so disappointed when I first saw Luna Lovegood in the promotional material. NOPE, I thought, ALL WRONG! But having seen her interviewed, and a couple of clips, I think they were right to go for character rather than sticking strictly to JKR's exact physical description.

I like the look of the thestrals too - very close to what I imagined.

I assume they've ditched quite a few sub-plots in order to fit it all in?
I just hope they got the atmosphere right - the trailers are quite gung-ho, whereas to me the book sank quite deep into repression and Harry's despair before rallying into rebellion.

Looking forward to - Grimmauld Place, Harry writing his lines in blood on his hand, the tea shop scene.