View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 01:16 PM   #5
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Re: i agree w/ vsp

Quote:
Originally posted in Perspective without Pictures
Extremists are driven by their emotions; not by logical thought. That defines a person of low intelligence. But an extremist movement becomes dangerous when it can recruit moderates - where most intelligent people reside. How does an extremist recruit moderates? Create instability. Get adversarial extremists to create emotion. Emotion is the enemy of logical thought. History is so full of extremists who [created much] instability as to make a moderate's position untenable.
We have extremist posts that suggest they never understood any of this above paragraph. For example, we have tattooedmind and nothing but net who both post strong emotional opinions without any logical reason for their positions and without any consideration for the long term consequences of advocated actions. Neither even implies a long term strategic objective - only an emotional response be it again terrorist or how the country works.

Extemists are often of low intelligence. They use profanity and typically don't understand the concept of a strategic objective. They must create instability to recruit from moderate ranks. It is why your own responses to current events must now, more than ever, be tempered with logical thought and a clear strategic objective.

Covering the Middle East in pork or nuking the Middle East are prefect examples of what an extremist wants. Sending profane e-mail only encourages an extremists who wants such unstable actions.

It makes absolutely no sense to attack emotionally - whether that be a whole religion, an ethnic background, or a mosque - since that only plays into the hands of extremist national governments (Afghanistan or Israeli) and extremist organizations (bin Laden).

That quoted paragraph was the first post in 'Perspective without Pictures'. Any yet some here do exactly what that first paragraph warns of. I must wonder if many Cellar posters even understood what is posted in that first paragraph.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote