Thread: Wet or Dry?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #24
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclefrance View Post
Gillette's advertising seems to have paid off remarkably well, as well (and how many of you are picturing yourselves looking all six pack and chisel-featured while you're sliding those 3 little blades across the visage?).
I sure as hell don't -- I hate shaving and I detest Gillette's marketing campaign just as much as I despise every one of their wacky new products that attempts to make the chore of removing facial hair require $10 blades that vibrate, ooze, rotate, or glide on springs. Shaving with a blade does not require an AAA battery.

...but you have to give them credit. They did get their marketing right with a gimmick in WWII that they extended some years back. Remember that Gillette distributed razors to every US soldier in the 1940s? Today, it goes beyond that as every male in the US finds two things in their mailbox when they turn 18 years old: a "happy birthday" card from Uncle Sam (a Selective Service registration card) and another from Gillette with a free razor and two blades. Genius.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote