Thread: The Best Luck!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
freshnesschronic
Professor

The Best Luck!

My girlfriend has the luckiest luck ever. Like, the kind of luck only leprechauns get.

Today she got hired at Macy's and will make $8.25.
She put in the application yesterday. Today was the group interview and they hired her on spot.

Her previous job was a pharm tech at Jewel Osco. She got a call back from Jewel like 4 days later and she makes $9.30 there and still works there weekends.

Her first job was Walgreens and she got a call back a coupla days later. Her first starting salary was $7.65. That is reallllly good for your first job ever.

I'm so envious...and a little jealous. I on the other hand have applied at over 10 places this summer and got screwed on my only call back, OfficeMax (they never received my drug test results and the dick guy who would hire me never called me back and he's like "I dunno, we just never got them back" after I checked up on the store 3 times).

Whine whine whine yes I know. But still, she has only applied at 3 places her whole life. And gotten every job only days later. Gah!

I'm still unemployed, I'm going back to my Jewel cashering job next week, I had to wait 2 weeks because the front end manager was on vacation and only he can rehire me. A meager $7.40 an hour minus union dues every week.

Should I start selling rocks?
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote