View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 10:17 AM   #4
TrenchMouth
Someone else is going to come and clean it up

yea...not so sure where you all get your info...

i mean its clearly obvious that sony is using xbox and game cube as toilet paper, but what most people dont know is that gamecube, not xbox, is in second place with market share. there are about a million more gamecubes floating around in homes (not stores) than xbox. on top of that, the reason why it only costs $150 is that Nintendo didnt screw themselves like the other two by using hardware that isnt as cost effective. Sony had countless numbers of problems with PS2 because they decieded to make their own 128bit chip, and Microsoft used technology so much more advanced that even at $300 they still lost money on each console sold.
So whats the big difference between Xbox and GameCube? Well Microsoft can afford to have a bad year. They lost more than 150million so far on Xbox, so they throw in another 1/2 billion, big deal. If Nintendo doesnt have a good run...well then we might not see another system out of them.
Personaly, i like the gamecube, i have a ps2 as well, and lord knows i think halo is the best game ever, but i think the gamecube is a great system. It has the good titles, and it has the great ones that are only from Nintendo. the new Zelda looks great, and if a game has to LOOK all grown up for you to play it, just remember, you are playing video games, so try to keep reality out of the picture alright? On top of all this, just look at the design. Hands down the gamecube has the best design. Dont think of price as an indicator of value. the GC is doing just fine.