View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 12:19 AM   #26
The Eschaton
Vivacious Vivisectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
I am a strong supporter of social factors. I have seen many people, including myself, change personalities and their view on life just from hanging out with different people.

Genetics still plays a role, some people will be independant no matter who they hang out with, some people will be leeches no matter they hang out with. It depends on the person usually...
sort of, its still surprising how identical those identical twins come out even raised in totally different circumstances. And im not saying environment does not play a role. Everyones misinterpreting this as a nature over nurture post. All it really says is that "parenting" (things like let them cry, pick them up, how much attention, authoritarian or permissive) pretty much anything beyond having s decent relationship with a parent, doesn't really play a role. Now if your parents are wealthy that plays a huge role in how you come out. ALso there are several studies out there that the kids real environment is peers and not parents. Peers determine how you come out.