Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
My Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
I'm impressed with your staying power...

Currently reading about 5 - my flat is such a mess I keep losing the ones I've started.

The Dark Tower by King, except it's cheating - I have been looking for The Song of Susannah for a couple of months in the charity shop and decided to skip it for the time being. I've got a large, colour illustrated copy of The Dark Tower and I can't guarantee I'll find it again easily. I told myself I'd hold it in reserve until I found Susannah - I lasted a day.

In my bag - so least likely to get lost - is Thomas Pynchon's Mason & Dixon. Took me a little while to get into it, but in hindsight reading it in the pub during a Liverpool vs AC Milan game might have been a reason.

Just finished 6 Graham Masterson books (2 x omnibus). Not that impressed, but I bought them for braindead entertainment and they surprised me with some nice turns of phrase.

Finished Sputnik Sweetheart by Huruki Murakami - didn't impress me that much. I think because it's so short. Some beauty in there, but the two previous books of his (Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World, Dance, Dance, Dance)I have read have had the edgy feel of revealing something at the edge of our lives - like if you stepped into the wrong railway carriage you would see a different world. This one seemed pedestrian in comparison. But hey, if anyone wants it send me a PM