View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #44
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I think the violence level in Iraq is going to continue getting higher as long as the country is occupied. We haven't manged to prevent the civil war we fear would occur should we leave. They are currently in a state of civl war, with one side having some little access to state resources, such as the police.
And just like in Vietnam - another civil war - the violence increased. And the enemy kept getting smarter. See quotes from the 16 Apr 2007 NY Times article in Bush's Shrinking Safety Zone.
Exact same events happened in Vietnam. Just as a mental midget and anti-American president denies it is a civil war and ignores the Iraq Study Group; in Nam, the president denied it was a civil war and ignored the Wise Men. Deja vue just too many times - or why those with only "political agendas" never learn how to be patriotic American.

One who refuses to learn from history and 'supports the troops' in a lost cause has only contempt for those troops.

In some ways, it reminds me of the battle of Syracuse - and what happened to Athens as a result of their 'big dic' stupidity.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote