View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 01:25 PM   #10
juju
no one of consequence

I doubt there's a huge white supremacist movement. A lot of the Americans from the site seem to be from the South. I've lived in the South for 24 years, and I've never met a single one of these type of people(to my knowledge). I'd say that 95% of the people here are not racist. That 5% (or whatever), though, can add up to an awful lot when they're able to organize online.

Also, if you look at their main forums, they have active forums for nearly every country in the world. It seems like about half their members aren't even American. That makes the percentage of racists in each population even smaller.

<hr width=20% noshade>

One other thing I noticed while reading the forums -- new people to white supremacy often seek out more experienced tutors that will teach them the way of things. Many cults operate the same way. It's like, once this single tutor becomes your sole giver of truth, you stop going to other sources for verification. He then helps you construct a filter through which you can start viewing the world.

Very interesting.

Last edited by juju; 01-28-2003 at 01:38 PM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote