Thread: Betting tips
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #172
King
Conquistador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Just ignore him and his silly "football is fixed" conspiracies King. Anyone who responds in his OTT way isn't worth having a reasonable discussion with.

I don't have a reason to doubt all American betting is fixed because I know nothing about it and no-one else here calls him on it. But he's never been able to back up his ridiculous claims about Sheffield Weds/ United and he lost all my respect then. I don't beat a dead horse, so I dropped it when you did, but it seems he can't keep his obsession with fixing alone.

After he deleted a post in which he wrongly predicted the outcome of a game, and offered no explanation until I asked about it, I was even suspicious of his other predictions. However my brother (who follows American football) looked at them and said that the man knew what he was doing. Kudos to him for that at the very least.
I just wasn't going to let the original, 'it's fixed' comment pass without calling on it out. He's basically said that he saw the news item and came to the conclusion independently about the Greece-Turkey game being fixed, which is very presumptuous, but I can see how someone might come to that conclusion if they're the kind of person who buys into these theories. To be honest W.HI.P, I don't think it's necessary for you to always look for these conspiracies where they don't really exist, but I guess that's your choice. It just seems to me that it's very unlikely that footballing authorities in Europe would do this, and even if they tried, so many people would be involved that it would quickly come out in the press. It might be more likely to happen elsewhere in the world. I really don't think that any violence that there could be between Greece and Turkey fans would actually lead to war, despite the tensions that there are. Turkey wants to be a part of the EU, its hardly going to attack a member state over a football match. Plus they're both members of NATO. Anyway, I hope there's no hard feelings between us, and I'll let you get back to the point of this thread, unless you want to discuss this some more.