Thread: Religion Topics
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I have no issue with religion.
The degrading of the separation of church and state and the stepping-up of the bigotry against non-christians and the non-religious and one aspect of religion, teaching children that if they sin they will go to hell, which is child abuse, and using religion to further other forms of bigotry like racism/homophobia/misogynism are things I am against and enjoy discussing.
As long as someone does not use their religion to harm others... no sweat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
?
[Quite the opposite.
My definition was quite narrow. Try actually reading it.
Religion and against non-Christians, is pretty narrow? Yeah, right.
Quote:
The AU is owned and run by Christians, it is the largest organization promoting the separation of church and state and MANY christians do not believe in hell, and many who do don't use it as mental torture on kids.
Yes, if you tell a kid that you will break their arm it is no different than telling anyone else the same thing, it is assault.
Show me AU in your post? Assault? mental torture? your theatrical training shines through, is that what it is when you don't allow your kid to touch you?
Quote:
You don't want to believe I've studied religions, all of them, for over twenty years and went to seminary prep... good for you.
I didn't say you didn't study them, I said you're fooling yourself if you think you understand every flavor of any religion. Seminary prep? how does that differ from acting prep?
Quote:
I'm sorry you are so angry and in pain and need to share it, I am.
You're sorry I'm sick of your bigotry? Acting again I see.
Quote:
If the religious want to believe what they want and be bigoted, cool, as long as they don't act on it.
That's great advice, why don't you follow it?