View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #117
KGZotU
Vivacious Vivisectionist

I think I'll embrace the thread drift we've created here. (;

I guess England stretches a bit further north than I thought, and that I've only been to southern England, so I may or may not have gotten an accurate picture.

I guess it's hard to compare England to America. It seemed that there's a much different dynamic between the classes there than here.

In general I noticed mainly how the roads were dominated by new and nice cars and also how expensive everything was. I got the impression that there was an immense amount of money flowing through England in general and London specifically, and that everybody was getting their slice, even if it was terribly small.

Perhaps I shouldn't talk in ephemeral terms like "standard of living", I suppose it doesn't mean much.

As for the other nations of the UK, I didn't get to see them. It's a pity I didn't get to see Wales, I've been rather curious about that side of my family since I discovered that I'm a dead ringer for Christian Bale. (; Well, an exceedingly thin Christian Bale anyway.

Cheers,
Joe

Edit: Gah, and now I find that Bale was born to English parents...being American is so confusing.

Last edited by KGZotU; 03-26-2007 at 11:59 PM.
KGZotU is offline   Reply With Quote