View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Job possibilities

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a better job. This one, with all that is good about it, is increasingly pushing me towards the edge.

So, I'm looking for career recommendations from my buddies at the Cellar. Here are my wants and qualifications:

1) I NEVER want to work with the public again. I would thrive in a cave or an office way in the back somewhere. Stapler guy's basement office from Office Space comes to mind.

2)I'm great with computer software. I can extract data from databases, analyze, and research. My technical writing skills are impeccable.

3) I love paperwork, documentation, organization. I like meeting deadlines and having a few projects going at once (but not like now where it would take another person to catch up with what is on my plate.)

4) I hate telephones.

5) In saying I don't want to work with the public and I hate phones, I feel I must tell you that I'm really good at those things, I just hate them. I taught mil-spec soldering at two of my old jobs and hated it, yet was told I was a wonderful teacher.

6) I love writing. I'm good with crunching numbers and reconciling large amounts of money...but not so great at things like algebra. I read a lot.

7) I have a great appreciation for art, literature, and film.

8) People don't tend to run away screaming at the first sight of me.

9) I have a BA (psychology) with a few classes in Metrology (no, not the weather...measurements)

10) I love animals and kids

11) I would like to make decent money. I don't need a lot, just enough for a single girl to live comfortably (i.e. no creditors calling day and night, able to make normal living payments.) I believe the pay should reflect the job difficulty.

12) I'm no stranger to hard physical labor and usually end up reveling in getting paid to get exercise.

13) I want to be recognized for good work, unwavering ethics, and dedication, not for how much ass I can kiss.

So, there you have it. Can you think of any viable career options? Do you know of any jobs in any caves somewhere?