View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #128
ogwen69
Custom User Title goes here

I happened across this tournement on the way to the IOTD, and was elated to find the beutiful game being played right under my very nose. As a long time lurker/first time poster I feel it fitting that my first post be on a game of Mornington Crescent, (Or Mornis as we call it in Yorkshire).

I am going to take the unusual step of explaining my move, to aid those more inexperienced players. My initial thought after seeing Covent Garden was to mimic Monster and CzinZumerzets moves of Baker Street, but this time changing from the pink to the brown, but that would leave the way open for a Kasparczec Bypass to MC on the next move (admittedy only for the more experienced player, but you never know.)

Shooters' Hill would be the obvious choice, as it is a clear run up from Covent Garden, without any opportunity for other players to Chip, Chunk, Dip or Wipe me out of the game, but I thought that was too easy.

I settled on taking a move from a classic game (Puzzom V Wankowski from the 3rd annual Seniors tournament in Gibralatar, 1926) but renaming it to conform with the 21st Century game board naming structure, and have gone for a crafty Millennium Dome!

Enjoy.
ogwen69 is offline   Reply With Quote