View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 09:10 PM   #11
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Re: 1/9/2003: Weapon chic

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
People buying this will stand out as if they were highlighted with an orange pen.........
I think UT's got this nailed. If truely used as a defense strategy it only spells trouble.

I can imagine that some chicks may think it's cool to have one of these handbags, but only for laughs. They're probably too pricey for the tough gals that might find this appealing.

What I'm waiting to see (alert: bad joke coming up) is the muggers using them to intimidate their victims. Can you envision some homeless guy saying something like "dont make me reach in this handbag and cap yer ass, gimme all your money....now!" (dude starts opening the bag in a threatening manner)

And then, when or if the cops show up and busts them, they'd say "what? This is a handbag, are you going to arrest me for carrying it?"

It may very well even develop into it's own black market. You may not want to actually hurt someone in the commission of a crime and having the bag submitted as evidence against you in court would be something I think would be pretty funny. "This guy held you up with that!? Case dismissed."

But that's just the crazy movie running in my mind.

Last edited by slang; 01-09-2003 at 09:27 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote