View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 10:13 AM   #20
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

"My purpose on messageboards is never to sway or change anybody, it's to counter the liberal pukes' utter garbage..."

I can see how that would be satisfying but I can't see how it would be fulfilling.

Wouldn't you rather engage message boards with the notion that you may well learn something, rather than the notion that you're headed out to school people you feel are unworthy?

Liberal puke Al Franken said something that I thought was really, really genuinely remarkable the other day. He said that he had to realize, in life, that he could learn from people not as smart as he.

Even if you've figured almost everything out, there is still so much to learn.

I'll bet that the very worst liberal puke on this messageboard has things about them that you would find fascinating. Everyone here is very bright and brings a lot to the table. Many of them live in other countries, isn't that cool?

Spend some time posting non-political things to the non-political sections and see what happens. Talk about food and snow and coffee and houses and music. Then come back to the political and see if there's a difference.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote