Thread: Armed America
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #127
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
. . .I'm pretty damn Liberal compared to Maggie and UG. . . Liberal enough to not want the police and the army to be the only ones in my country who have guns. It strikes me as unfair.
Very well said, Elspode. I wish all those who call themselves liberals had your abundant common sense.

I won't quote xoxoBruce's post, but it's also one that shows why I think he's smart. Kudos is in order.

Remember, everyone (and especially you, Spexx): Spexxvet is not rational on the subject of killing tools. He refuses to learn anything at all on the subject, preferring to stay swaddled in his maladaptive fantasies, never understanding whenever this is possible the evils that are firmly supported by his entire thinking on the matter. Were he ever to understand arms as they should be understood, his entire intellectual ediface on the topic would come crashing about his ears, and he lives in apparent terror of this. It's a great pity, because were his ediface to collapse and reality be allowed to shine its glorious ray in, he'd become a much better citizen of this Republic than he is now, with his pro-crime and pro-genocide views, not consciously known to him but evident in his posts.

I, of course, have neither of these maladaptive views.

This is fortunate, as it keeps me from committing crimes against humanity and being tried and hanged at The Hague. Spexxvet, unfortunately, has no such luck.

The willing eschewal of violence may be quite civilized indeed, but it cannot be relied upon, human free will being what it is. Every generation of man starts from the same baseline, with the very same percentage of those with violent predelictions. Essentially, every generation must undertake to purge the brutes from itself: there are very few assy grandfathers, but more than a few assy twentysomethings, isn't that so? They either convert to something better or they die, inbetween measures like imprisonment going without saying. Again, every generation has those who are not willing to "resolve conflict nonviolently," and there is no prospect of an end to this. The reason being that evolution takes no notice of civilization.

Gun people appreciate civilization more than nongun people -- for they can defend it regardless of the level of violence the uncivilized bring to bear on it. The likes of Spexx run out of effect if the baddies bring anything more frightful or efficient than a thrown rock.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 02-05-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote