View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 06:08 PM   #173
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Seems a lot of you put too much emphasis and stock into the results of one test...the Colleges don't.
The Colleges admit based on a student's entire academic past, they figure if you are an average student in High School who aces the SAT, you either tutored well for the test or you cheated. Either way, not exceptional ability. My niece graduated in the top 5% of her class, was a student council member for 3 years in her Charter/Magnet School, and was one of the few asked to give a speech at their Graduation Ceremonies. She didn't need to apply to Universities because they came to her, two Universities up north(Michigan and New York) courted her to visit their campuses by paying for her flight and hotel over a weekend. Kind of like athlete star treatment, only in academics...because those Universities know my niece would help make them look good on paper. Her best offer was from Rice University, so my niece is winding up her Freshman year at Rice...and the best part? She's still in Texas!
Yes, it is in the gene pool, my son at 7 years of age, plays the piano, plays chess,speaks english and spanish, takes tae kwon do, is almost 4th grade level in reading and math, and holds straight A's this semester. And my daughter at 2 years of age counts to 10 in english and spanish, knows all her colors, and has a vocabulary that rivals a 5 year old.
So jaguar likes to fantasize that my gene pool keeps company with his inferior lineage in the shallow end, but the reality is I procreate offspring who don't have to beg for admittance into College....and we wouldn't be caught dead swimming with FOOLS like you!

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote