View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #205
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
I can hear better now. But I probably lost hearing capacity in my left ear permanently because of these stupid people who think blowing things and people up is FUN.

Anyway, things got so out of hand with the BOGA because drunks and adventurist people started putting projectiles into the cannon and injuring people throughout the country. So the police stepped in and started confiscating the offending pyrotechnic instrument and arresting anybody who used it. That made my New Year's Eve Watching them get rounded up on TV was the best sweet justice justice I could have asked for.
These things were there when I was visiting. The first few that I saw were about 3 inches in diameter and about 4ft long. They make a good bang for sure.

Then....I started seeing tubes about 8 inches in diameter with much louded bangs.

You'd see these jackasses walking down the street with them, putting the bore through windows and such. Then you'd see people whacking them in the head with an umbrella.

When I would see these "kids" or when they would see me and start walking toward me with that big shit eating grin I'd point very sternly and shout "nakamamatay", only because I dont yet know how to say..."if you don't want that tube jammed straight up your ass, stay clear of me".

It's not often that Filipinos annoy me. The fireworks did mildly but those boomtubes were downright irritating.

Wish I'd seen one of them get taken by the police. The only news reports that we saw was of the emergency room and those injured by fireworks.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote