View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 07:37 PM   #142
hermit22
sleep.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairo

I already stated the preference for pre 1970 chem books-no political bs.
Unless the laws of physics or thermodynamics changed during the 1970's, everything still reacts and decays at the same pre-1970 rate. Sodium is sodium, and oxygen is oxygen.
The only real material advances have been in the areas of polymers and borax/hydrogen generation. Which you won't find in a high school student textbooks these days.
Hmm. I admit that I hated chemistry in high school/ college, and so don't remember much of it, but I'm fairly certain that we studied some topics that were discovered in only the past 20 years or so. I, for one, would hate to see my kids denied a proper education because a few people couldn't accept the current consensus of the scientific community.
Quote:

Unless you happen to have lived in puntes wherever, or be personally aquainted with one who is. I don't believe you. And I don't believe everything I read. I believe what I see,
At least you're honest.
I imagine that makes life rather difficult though.

Quote:

It is the height of human arrogance to even believe that we can parametrically affect the weather of our planet.
It is the height of human stupidity to assume we have nothing to do with it. It's idiotic to assume the atmosphere is not effected by the chemicals we puke into it everyday.

Quote:

I don't hate arabs, just wahabi fundamentalists.

In fact that's your words. I don't hate anybody.
It's too much energy expended towards things/people that I could care less about.

To be more accurate, I despise wahabi fundamentalist.
My desire for the extermination of all palestinians above the age of 4, and the scattering of the remaining children throughout the adoption agencies of the western alliance nations is purely pragmatic. The 5 year olds are largely corrupted and won't forget their parents being put down to easily. The 4 and under crowd can easily be co-opted by barney, sesame street, mickey mouse and the rest of america's legions. The memory of their psychotic parents having bred them to strap a bomb to them will quickly be forgotten in a blur of pokemon and ice cream.
Apparently you have no idea what a wahabi fundamentalist is; teaching history to air conditioners as you do.

My memory of Wahabbism is a little bit sketchy, but I'll give you a history lesson on what I do remember.

Wahabis, or salafis, were mostly a tribe in what is now Saudi Arabia that survived (in a large part) by attacking caravans in the desert. When the Saudi family was rising to power, they used the Wahabis as their warriors, and rewarded them with advisor positions in the government. Hence, the influence.

I have a feeling you think Palestinians are wahabbis by default. In fact, Hizbollah is Shi'ite (wahabbis are Sunni), and, ostensibly, the PLO, and later, the PA is a secular organization designed to liberate Palestine.

But you may not; I'm not going to assume anything.

I will take issue with your absolute hatred of Palestinians. The pragmatism you claim is really nothing but the manifestation of this set of emotions - spite, hatred, etc. Of course, suicide bombing is a distasteful act, but the fact that some Palestinians strap bombs on their bodies doesn't mean that the entire nation wants to - or wants to convince their children to do.

It's disgusting to see that you want to commit genocide on an entire culture; an entire set of people who, as far as I know, have not directly done you harm. There's no practicality in that, just extermination; the lowest valley of human existence. This view shows you to really be nothing more than a waste of human life. I really have no patience for this kind of talk, no matter if its coming from Pol Pot, Hussein, or some guy from Mississippi.