View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #27
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBoxes View Post
That was; however, your mother and NOT YOU! Using someone else's accomplishment to assert your position reflects second world ethics.
I'm surprised at your response. You missed the original conversation here, over a year ago, which led to my remark. I was speaking totally tongue in cheek, which even UG realized, and harkened back to that previous (unrelated) thread where UG was fulminating about his medals and rank. When somebody else asked him what that rank actually WAS, it turned out that he was not exactly as "high up" as his rhetoric would make you believe, whereupon I made my remark originally. Poking UG with sticks is a time-honored tradition here and is definitely is more satisfying than getting into a rabid shouting match with him the way others have.

As for your other evaluation, I am even more surprised. Because YOUR opinions and suggestions were always appreciated and forwarded on, it is not easy to understand why you simply didn't communicate your feelings directly if you saw a problem instead of just slamming the door and then venting here. Even people who genuinely hate me and wish me serious harm will tell me so in a PM, you couldn't?