Thread: Senator Bigot
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2002, 03:39 AM   #42
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Sycamore -
Ahhhhh, because it's YOU...I figured as much. Hehehe...
"Mixed race" as in more than one. Can't really say bi-racial anymore because today bi-racial men and women are having children with partners that blend a third race in as well.

99 44/100% pure -
I agree that race will soon be a non-factor...sooner than most think.
Those who think that they are Black no matter what are oppressing and enslaving(by denial of existence) the Hispanic,White,Asian, or Other DNA/Culture in them...in effect, being racist to themselves. Sad. I wonder who teaches them this nonsense?
The "more than one" race generation is growing fast in general...and guess what? Most are well educated and conservative!
Senator Lott wasn't the one who pulled out the "race card" here, so don't blame him for keeping the racial divide alive...you can thank the Democrat minority leaders for that! Those who would "benefit from briefings on current thinking" are the people who would be out of a job if race were no longer an issue.

Hermit22 -
No...as you grew older you were taught to see color, and you were taught to attribute any roadblocks or failures in the "real world" to color
because we are also taught to blame anything but ourselves. Personal responsibility and accountability are often buried in a "feel good" society. Parents of the "more than one race" generation do not teach differences of color. My son has concluded(on his own) that some kids have better suntans than others because they get to play outside more, it all starts in the home!
O.K...either you are pro-affirmative action and pro-segregation, or you are against BOTH! Are you saying that affirmative action quotas don't end up making people feel oppressed?

Lott was 7 years old when Strom ran for President on mostly a Democrat platform, Strom has changed parties and views since then, so I'm sure he's not remembered as such around the watercooler.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2075408/

http://www.tampatrib.com/MGAL1VA8M9D.html

Apologize for what? Wanting America to keep a strong defense? Or for trying to pay tribute to a 100 year old man's life?
The blackmail trap is always there for every politician, Lott fell into the hole that was already there.

No, the issues he was elected to hold are Republican issues...now, it seems, that you are calling me and Lott's constituents in Mississippi racists????? Take a look in the mirror, bud...
I'm not the one insisting that this is a race issue and putting words in mouths that aren't there!!!

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote