Thread: Best Antivirus
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 02:20 AM   #13
bluesdave
Getting older every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
There is no decent reason for their license renewal to have become so complex - other than greed. Get the McAfee and don't even look back. If using Norton, when they try to sell you the whole new package all over again, instead, buy the McAfee. Every Norton upgrade by a layman user has been that troublesome.
I agree with much of what you say, but McAfee has been criticised too. I started with McAfee when I purchased my first pc in the late 80s, but then swapped to Norton AV (when it was first released), because I had been using Norton Utilities which, in their day, were great. Symantec destroyed all of Norton's credibility, and unfortunately, McAfee seems to have copied some of Symantec's bad traits.

I am only a new user to NOD32 (a few weeks), but I did a thorough investigation before I purchased it, and two friends who work in PC security recommended it. I would still recommend NOD32 over McAfee, based on the reviews I have already cited, and just about every PC magazine has rated it the best in detection and removal of viruses, root kits, etc.