Thread: KKKramer?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 07:08 AM   #25
halley
Neophyte-in-training

I understand how Richard felt when he was heckled and it would have been the same if it had been any other race that heckled him. He was hurt, belittled and humiliated and he did what come natural for some people and that is to hurt, belittle and humiliate back and that is what he did.
You do not have to prejudice or a racist to lash out with racial slurs when angered.
I have heard Blacks who in anger hurl racist slurs like the “N” word at each other and it is not about race at all but about hurting the other person.
I have heard Whites, Hispanics and Native American, in anger, hurl racial slurs at their peers. Anger does not bring out real feelings but bring out words designed specifically to hurt, and hurt the most and racial slurs does just that.
A real racist use this language against other races in every day language and not in anger but in hate.
When people are hurt they lash out to hurt, simple as that.
I believe too much has been read into what Richard’s intentions.
Blacks sue the word against other Blacks to belittle because it is a belittling words used against them by whites, etc to belittle.
I have heard Black parents use the word in anger against their children and if any Black parent deny it they are lying.
I am a Native American raised by a Black family in a mostly Black neighborhood and Black kids used it against each other in anger.
It is not a word of endearment among Blacks and the work should never be use by Blacks on Black.
halley is offline   Reply With Quote