View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

It's been said elsewhere by Major Gun Guru Colonel Jeff Cooper that a collective right to bear arms cannot be practiced without practicing an individual right to do the same.

That editorialist is also pig-ignorant of the state of the scholarship on the Constitutional right, which view of the Second is the polar opposite of what he states. He's being about as smart about the Second Amendment as Klansmen are about the Fourteenth. Remarkable how ignorant some people will be; if I owned that paper, I'd fire him for incompetence and patent hostility to human rights. It's a matter of fact that no one who lives by the First should denigrate the Second; it is easy to see how they go hand in hand as overall checks and balances on governmental power.

HM, concealed carry's salubrious effects do not depend one whit on population density. Northern Virginia is in effect one large built-up area, urb upon suburb. Consider Florida, and Miami-Dade with its huge urban population. They have benefited from liberalized concealed carry longer than most, and crime is and remains well down.

Crime-lovers around the District keep things in their current unsatisfactory state of affairs. Were the country to put this matter into my hands, by a few simple changes of law I'd cut DC crime in half in six to eight months, with no bottoming-out in sight. In two years or so, Anacostia, a notably bad neighborhood, would be a pretty nice place.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 11-23-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote