Thread: KKKramer?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #7
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I paralleled this, in my wacky little brain, with the whole taser/cop/student thing.

How far is too far? If you are at a comedy show, heckling, you expect the comedian to react...that is your goal. Did Richards OVERREACT? Absolutely, just as Taser Cop did...only Richards did it with words.

I hate that word. I can't bring myself to say that word. And I am of the belief that a word is just a word. Whoever decided that the combination f-u-c-k was obscene, whereas fornicate is not? It is the underlying meaning behind the word that makes it obscene; it is culture which dictates "good" and "bad" words.

I'm not condoning what Mr Richards did, I condemn those actions. But do I condemn him as a full blown all-out skin-headed racist? No.

I couldn't listen to all of it very well, but I'm glad someone pointed out that he was being called a white boy. How is that any different? Just words, again, but the meaning was clear, the attitude was coercive. There's just not a word that is viewed with the disdain the "n" word gets; honkey doesn't really come close.

Perhaps they should have been tasered? Perhaps Richards should have been tasered?