Thread: Happy Holidays
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 06:03 AM   #7
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

Quote:
The REASON for the Season?
It is all about atmosphere!!!

I have to admit that when I went into the mall last week, something I rarely do, btw, I was actually excited to see the decorations up.

I don't know, it does something, it evokes a sense of wonder. This mall has a big display that sort of imitates Noah's ark . . . without the Noah . . . without the ark . . . it is pairs of animals from all over. They use the same thing every year, so I know what it all looks like, but from the second floor it is just so . . . peaceful. Fake snow and all.

Oh, and my Christmas shopping is done and none of it was from a mall. So, I'm NOT one of THOSE.

At home we do the Christiany thing, but out and about I like the kitsch and the bling and the hustle and bustle. I LOVE going to the nicer stores on Christmas Eve just to pick up some vibes of shopping frenzy while I leisurely stroll and check out the people.

I shamelessly seek out the over-decorated homes, even though I barely put trim lights on my place.

It only happens once a year and it is like a chance to evoke these frivolous feelings of child-like glee and experience a little bit of the ooh and aah that can be possible, and would be more possible, if we could just figure out to live as civilized human beings . . .