View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 01:12 AM   #29
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

My whole problem with many issues is that people don't leave well enough alone. Yes, horrible tradigies occured in multiple wars. Yes, it would have been nice for them to never happen. No, I don't need to be reminded of them. But since it's been brought up...

When is a number big enough to care?
Hiroshima and Nagasaki, an estimated 103,000. Go America! We stopped a war. At what cost? 103K is peanuts right? I mean, it hardly approaches 550K...

East Timor, an estimated 200,000. Go America! All in the name of oil! So what, it's only 200K. It's not like it's 550K...

Does anyone badmouth America for either one? Does anyone brand the USA for their horrible acts? And if you think there "we" haven't committed any you're kidding yourself.

If that hasn't offended you, try this on for size: My other huge gripe is with racism because "we were slaves", or "you white folk drove us from our land". Yeah, and I should hate Romans because I'm a blue eyed boy and once upon a time Rome conquerored the entire known world and enslaved the populus... So my ancestors were enslaved! I should hate those damn Romans!

The fact is, people always conquer eachother. They kill eachother, sometimes in huge numbers. It sucks, but that's how people are. People enslave others. It still happens. It will happen for all of time.

But that's ok, because it's not 550K. Right? I mean, who cares if on the way home someone shoots through your window and kills your passenger. That's just one person. It's not like it's 550K, so who gives a fuck?

[edit]
Fixed links, because I was stupid and forgot to paste the URL in. D'oh!

To reply to below, and not take up another post, the point is, no one says anything when America does anything horrific, but we're constantly reminded about the "evils of others".

It's just hypocritical and assinine.
[/edit]

Quzah.

Last edited by quzah; 12-11-2002 at 12:11 AM.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote