Thread: Saddam to Swing
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #59
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

James Bulger was the little boys name. It was shocking. I will never forget this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
I remember about ten or fifteen years ago there was a very disturbing case over here, where two children aged (if i recall correctly) 10 and 12 or thereabouts, lured a two year old who had become seperated from his mum in a shopping centre away, and then killed him.

The boys were caught on cctv talking to the toddler and holding his hand as they led him away from the shopping centre.

One of the things that stayed in my mind, was a terrifying scene as the boys were put into a police van and taken from the court back to the secure unit they were being held in. A mob had formed and attacked the van. Adults hurling themselves, and bricks and bottles at the van, screaming in a frenzy of bloodlust. I kept thinking to myself: I know what they've done is hideous, but these are still two children. two clearly very disturbed young boys. In interviews they were tearful, one of them broke down several times and wanted his mum. But the mob of adults, some of them probably with children the same age. looked as if they would tear these two kids limb from limb if they'd been able to get hold of them. It still makes me shiver when i think about it.