View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 AM   #123
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
I believe that the Church should take over Welfare duties and maintain a Nation's Armed Forces, as well as legal dealings and a high court. The Sectual State exists to educate, build public works, and maintain order.
In what way is the Church having control of Welfare duties, Armed forces, legal dealings and high court, different from an Islamic state where their religious body governs legal and military aspects of life?

Quote:
Personally I am against the Iraq war on the basis that Arabs can not have a democracy, nor do they deserve freedom paid for in Christian blood. That does not mean that I did not go down to the Recruiting Center yesterday and discuss my enlistment options in the Reserve. Because I was not born in America I take pride in being an American, perhaps patriotism should be something you should look into.
You take pride in being an American, yet you would change the most fundamental tenet of American existence (government by the people, for the people) and you denigrate Arabs as not 'deserving' freedom and somehow being incapable of democracy, yet you suggest you would like to see democracy replaced with theocracy.

You are one confused fellow. Ignore that comment about your being like UG. UG is consistent and coherent in his arguments.......blatantly wrong most of the time, but at least he makes sense.

Last edited by DanaC; 11-16-2006 at 02:55 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote