Thread: Betting tips
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 AM   #66
W.HI.P
Free

NFL Pointspread
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Oakland Raiders-Kansas City Chiefs(-9,5)

Its just a matter of time before the Chiefs miss the train to the playoffs, they're just not good enough, I don't even think they can beat this spread, but based on the fact that Oakland is going through some serious problems, I suggest leaving this game alone.

Cincinnati Benglas-New Orlean Saints(-3,5)

So the Bengals woke up last week, but the Chargers were too good for them.
The Saints have 2 amazing running backs that will both have great games against these Bengals, but I honestly can't imagine the Cincinnati Bengals loosing this game, not with this offence against THAT defence, no way...and the security in this one is the -3,5 pointspread for the Saints, that just dosen't make any sense.
Bet on the Bengals

Pitchberg Steelers(-3,5)-Clevland browns

I'll just have to keep repeating myself about both these teams.
The Clevland Browns are a good team, the Pitchberg Steelers are not a good team, so where does this -3,5 points come from?
Of course... the Steelers won the supebowl last year...well, let me tell you something! Pitchberg last year, wasn't half the team they were 3 years ago.
Anyone who knows football and has followed the team will tell you the same thing.... I suppose what opened the closed door for the steelers last year was that C.Palmer injury early in the game in what would have been a devistating defeat for the Steelers. Anyhow, the Steelers have just gotten worse, and I can't see daylight in this decade. Fact is, the Browns are a better team, at home and underdogs, so yeah....
Bet on the Browns!

Tennessee Titans-Philadelphia Eagels(-13,5)

Mcnabb looks like he's back to his amazing old self, so all looks well for my favorite team. I expect the Eagels to win this without any adventures, but the 13.5 pointspread looks like its too much.
Keep in mind that the Eagels travel to Indianapolis next week in what will be the match of the year, the best quarterbacks in the NFL, head to head.
So I would guess that if Philadelphia secures an early lead, they'd be looking to take it easy an avoid injuries for next week, so no, this is no bet.

Atlanta Falcons-Baltimore Ravens(-6,5)

Neither of these teams impress me at all.
Obviously the Ravens have a better defence, but i don't think they'll have such an easy time against this unpredictable Falcons offence.
This game has too many if's in it to be able to make a wager, so avoid.

St.Louis Rams-Carolina Panthers(-7,5)

Carolina looked pretty good Monday night against the struggling bucs.
The difference between the TB Bucs and the St.Louis Rams though, is the fact that the Rams can score points, and do so in every game.
Some people have these Panthers pegged for a shot at the supebowl!
I think thats crazy...They should win their division, but thats about it.
7,5 points is too big of a pointspread.
Bet on the Rams

Buffalo Bills-Houston Texans(-2,5)

Now this is an early Christmas present. Houston got their final win of the season last week. They're now looking at getting the highest draft pick that they can get. Regardless, the Buffalo Bills with or without McGahee, have an easy outing and will get an easy win. The fact that Houston is listed as the favorites here is absurd.
Bet on the Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New England Patriots(-7,0)-Green Bay Packers

Tom Brady ain't the story here, the Green Bay Packers are! Everyones looking to find a way to stop Green, and Favre has the freedom to throw, and he's finally got a team he can work with, 2 WR's who look superb, these Packers are playing some football, forget about last year.
The Patriots aren't all that, they weren't last year either.
They just didn't have any opponents.... -7,0 points?
Bet on the Packers

Washington Redskins-Tampa Bay Bucs(-3,5)

Another Christmas present!!
The worst team in the NFL is -3,5 point favorites against the Washington Redskins!
So, Portis is out.....if he was playing, the redskins would win this by 17!
..and Brunnel is out, IMO, that dosen't make any diference whatsoever, it'll probably do the team some good, Washington's gonna run it anyways, and despite the fact that the Bucs are pretty good against the run, the question remains, will the bucs score 3 points this week? Well, maybe they will, but that still won't cover the spread!
Bet on the Redskins!!!!!

Chicago bears(-7,5)-New York Jets

The Bears actually showed up in New York last week and showed their superiority, and I guess you could probably see it coming, based on the fact that they might be facing them in the playoffs.
The Bears will not be playing 100% all through the season though, they don't have to, and they'd be stupid to, expect them to lose 1 more match at least this year. I hope it comes this week, as I like the Jets, but never put your money on who you cheer for, just to cheer, leave this one alone.

Minnesota Vikings-Miami Dolphins(-3,0)

Nice couple wins for the Dolphins, they needed that!
Minnesota stepped it up a bit against the Packers, but favre and the gang proved too good for them. Miami will probably win this, and most likely cover the spread, but i don't think its that safe.

Detroit Lions-Arizona Cardinals(-2,5)

This will be a high scoring game with this amazing Arizona offence, and their terrible defence. I expect Arizona to win it, and with such a small spread, I'm almost tempted to take it, but who am I kidding? Arizona's main problem is on the sidelines....Avoid!

Seattle Seahawks(-6,5)-San Fransisco 49ers

Holmgreen will get the win here, without a doubt, don't be fooled by the 49ers 4 wins, they are a very very bad team. Ok so Seattle have some major problems, and because of that, i'll leave this one alone, but whatever you do, don't be betting on SF.

Indianapolis Colts(-2,5)-Dallas Cowboys

They had the Colts 2,5 point underdogs against the Patriots and the Broncos.
These Cowboys are far better than both of those teams, so now the Colts are the -2,5 point favorites. If the Colts are gonna lose this year, it'll be this week against the Dallas Cowboys or next week against the Eagels.
Its not like they're under pressure or anything with the Jaguars 4 games back.
No matter how much I hate to bet against P.Manning.
Bet on the Cowboys

San Diego Chargers-Denver Broncos(-2,5)

This is a huge game betwen two playoffs teams.
The San Diego Chargers are a better team.
LT knows that a win here will almost secure them in the playoffs, and he won't need to get 4 touchdowns here like he did last week.
San Diego will win the game, and based on the fact that they're -2,5 point underdogs.
Bet on the Chargers!

New York Giants-Jacksonville Jaguars(-3,0)

The Jaguars are not the Bears, and no matter how much I'd like to see them win, to set my Eagels up to win this division, its just not gonna happen.
The New York Giants are for real, and are by far, a better team than the Jaguars. Now Strahan is gonna be missed for the Giants, but this matchup is the Giants offence against the jaguars defence, and no matter how i look at it, the giants will win.
Add the fact that the Jaguars are -3,0 point favorites.
Bet on the Giants!!!