View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I saw the coolest show on the Travel Channel (or, coulda been Disc., i dunno) about the world's creepiest remains! Kewl! Elephant man remains, a guy who told his doc he only poop'd once a month (they, um, poo-poo'd him) and after he died they did an autopsy and found his lg. colon weighed 50 pounds! It was freaking ENORMOUS! Plus, all the skeletons beneath the streets of Paris (people made decorations out of the skulls and bones-quite nice, actually) the Hand Of Glory (right hand of a hanged criminal) that was supposed to act like "Thing" in the Addamms Family, but, sadly, did not...and all sorts of grave-robbing stuff.

Oh, yeah, this one guy skinned dead people (people they suspected he murdered first--healthy people) then made them into statues...his greatest statue is reputed to be his fiancee riding an equally skinless horse--eww!

Anyway--Tony, you gotta obsession wit death? Huh? Coz I can cure dat.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote