View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #66
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
The Democrats aren't going to be able to do jack now that they have Capitol Hill. Bush will fight them at every turn, and all the moderate republicans lost their seats. It's just fiercely partisan Republicans, fiercely partisan Democrats, and a smattering or moderate Democrats left now. Gridlock.
Great and I'm supposed to be happy about that because. . . .? ? ? ? The big complaint after the 1st gulf war was that we pulled out too fast and didn't finish the job, now that we are trying to do that and germinate a democratic form of gov't into a part of the world that has known nothing other than dictatorships and tyranny for - like - ever, we should change directions and "put the brakes on." ?!?!? Thats where I differ I guess. The last thing we should be doing in this situation where we have deployed all these troops is to give them, the enemy and the rest of the world the impression that we are NOT going to finish what we started AGAIN. This election was a huge defeat for America not a political party per say, but the country as a whole. I couldn't give a rats ass about either party - its this amazing and wonderful country that I care about and this last election has made us look like a bunch of idiots with NO direction at all. Who would trust a gov't or a people that starts something and repeatedly changes after getting involed and finding that the work to be done is hard or messy or whatever. This is NOT an easy situation - it sucks, but it has to be done and we have to follow through with our, collective, word. Doesn't ANYONE else see that? Ugghh (not directed at anyone, just the situation as a whole)
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote