View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 11:48 AM   #17
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Found a button there, did he, girl? You've completely trashed my view of you as a demure, shrinking violet type. (these are jokes, okay?)

Anyway, Missouri tossed out Rightist sycophant Jim Talent and installed a gritty, less than sparkling replacement in the form of our hometown girl Claire McCaskill. Claire has her warts, but she's got moxy, and she's always dealt with the nuts and bolts of our population. Past County Prosecutor, current State Auditor, and always very accessible and open. I'm looking forward to seeing if she can stick out the tough freshman stint in the Senate.

We also passed our stem cell research initiative, with about the same narrow margin of victory that Claire had. Strictly a party-line, sanctity of life/cutting edge research issue, so no surprise there. We squelched the tobacco tax, sending a message to our legislators that enough is frigging enough. It wasn't just about taxation, either, because numerous local sales taxes and school taxes passed statewide.

Change is good.