Thread: Obsession
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 05:30 AM   #4
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Good point Skunks. In some ways it's a little like Christianity. Look at the totally different approaches there are to that faith. There are Christians out there who epitomise charity and acceptance and then again there are Christians out there who think it's ok to bomb Abortion clinics and kill doctors or nurses who work there. There are Christians who believe in evolution and there are Christians who believe absolutely in the genesis creation. There are Christians who are happy to be ministered to by a gay cleric and there are christians who believe homosexuality is a sin or a disease and turn up at the funerals of aids victims with disgusting and vicious signs to taunt to the grieving relatives.

Islam is a medley of different faiths with the only real common factors being Allah and Mohammed. I have met some really nice moslems and got on great with them (male and female) on the other hand, I have also had moslem men put the phone down on me when I have phoned up on behalf of Cllr Najib, purely ( I am almost certain because they did it with a colleague as well) because I am female. When teaching in ESOL the male students, most of whom were Pakistani moslems, were courteous to a fault and placed their teachers on a pedastol by dint of their being teachers and therefore worthy of respect. Something I only ever encountered amongst Asian, Iraqi and Iranian students.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote