View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #22
mrnoodle
bent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebediah
for overall quality I still say GNR > RATT (only barely) > Skid Row > Whitesnake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
Psh, Whitesnake had Vai, which gives them major points, and so I'd say... Skid Row (I love Bach), GnR, Whitesnake, Ratt.
Skid Row>Ratt>Whitesnake (Sykes)>GnR>Whitesnake (Vai).

Ratt can go anywhere in the middle, actually. Their lyrics were stupid as hell. But DiMartini was and is godlike. Sooo fluid compared to the guitarists in the other bands. Lay It Down is the perfect intro and solo. Not the flashiest, but the most fist pumping.

Actually, I wanna change Whitesnake to somewhere near the top -- I just watched the DVD of a recent tour, and they kicked so much ass I almost grew a spontaneous mullet. They were better than any other thing I've seen this year -- David Coverdale looks like someone's great aunt, but he is an awesome showman. Reb Beach from Winger was playing 2nd guitar for em. The lead guitarist was someone I've never heard of, but he was fucking phenomenal. Reb just kind of hung back for most of it. When he did a solo or two, it was standard Reb pwnage, but whenever he plays it sounds like a Winger solo.

Dang.

K.

Whitesnake>Skid Row>Ratt>GnR (who doesn't really fit in this category for me. They were kind of late-ish)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled big band thread.