Thread: Betting tips
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #11
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I say to you, that was the most incredible fourth quarter ever. Including the best McNabb on-field vomiting so far, of the three I've seen.

The McYack happens when the entire team must be heaved up on his shoulders, and he accepts the burden because he is who he is.

The last two times, it didn't work.

This time, it worked - and he engineered two incredible drives, in which he ran and passed and performed the usual McNabb miracles. In which they suddenly needed a TD instead of a FG in the last 4 minutes to win, and in which I knew for certain that they would get. And they did. It wasn't karma; it was the point that happens in every single Eagles game, setting up for the point at which McNabb can score on you at will. Whether that happens early or late, it has inevitably happened in every game this year.

The only way TB could win that game was through an outrageous miracle. Which then happened. Every Eagles loss has been a game in which they pretty much dominated the opponent... but the improbable events of the NFL led to weird outcomes.

Meanwhile, their #1 WR Donte Stallworth has been out four weeks... may be back next week... figure that into your betting WHIP... they are poised to kick someone's ass hard, and Will Not Lose to a team with any serious weakness in the secondary.