Thread: Leicester
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 04:25 AM   #56
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Elspode - jellied eels are a London speciality. Coming from a family of native Eastenders I've eaten them in my time. Traditional food for this part of the world is Melton Mowbray Pork Pies and Red Leicester cheese. I can see why they stick with the jacket pots.

Foot - there certainly is a Rearsby in Leicester. My local shop sells a type of bread called the Rearsby Loaf, although this is made in a different village now (by my best friend's husband's family bakery!) I was there this summer for a drink with friends, it's only about 10 miles out of Leicester but it's a beautiful little village.

Rkzenrage - I'll back what Limey says. Things have improved in London, and there is all sorts of legislation in place to make it easier for disabled travel, but it's an old city and space is at a premium. The major attractions will have good access, but you will need to plan travel carefully.

There's bound to be websites or agencies that can provide detailed information on Underground stations with access. I'd like to think it would be worth the effort anyway