View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #18
Hoof Hearted
...you smell something?

Flint and Els, you guys are RIGHT ON. This little mare is an example of equine dwarfism. The article also stated how carefully they must monitor her feed intake and that she has leg problems that require braces.

Quote:
From article:
She has the ability to become pregnant and give birth to foals, but her owners have decided not to allow this to happen.

Mr Goessling, 39, said: 'There could be complications during the pregnancy, so we think it is better to avoid the risks.

'And although we love Thumbelina, we do not think it is right that the gene which creates dwarfism in horses is carried on through future generations.'
I had seen another story of a tiny mini foal that was allowed in the house, they wrapped her hooves with a product called 'vet wrap' which is a stretchy bandage with latex in it. It was grippy enough for the foal to get around the floors of the house without slipping...

America's misdirected-PETA converts and knee-jerk-reaction bleeding hearts are currently trying to ban horse slaughter for human consumption, with the ultimate goal of banning horse slaughter altogether...
Would it surprise you to learn I, a self-proclaimed horse lover, am pro-slaughter of horses?

Last edited by Hoof Hearted; 10-13-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Hoof Hearted is offline   Reply With Quote