View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang
Used? Try sending some new ones without wearing them yourself sometime and see how much in duties they charge.

I'm truly sorry Tonchi, I just couldnt help myself with that last comment.

.....When I rule the world there will be some rather drastic changes though. All underpants imported into the Philippines (used or virgin) will be duty free.
Actually, a market for used OR new underpants exists in Manila, if you should have any to contribute. You can sell absolutely anything no matter how bizarre, because no matter what it is, somebody does not have it and can find a use for it. Luisa even sold her nephew's dirty shorts, which he had dumped at their house assuming that they would be washed, folded, and returned to him at whatever time he deigned to favor them with his next appearance. Anything not nailed down gets grabbed and sold in that country. Her best sales, however, have been the Archie comics I send to her, and we have been told that the market for old National Geographics is very lucrative, $1 each, which unfortunately will not even cover shipping them to the Phils (and they would also be "taxed" as imports).