Thread: pennant races
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #53
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.HI.P
oakland can feel the angels breathing down their necks and its innevitable that the angels will surpass, seattle proved less than, texas may just catch the falling a's for 2nd place.
Oakland is hardly failing. 8-2 in the last 10 games. First place is far from a lock but I see no evidence to support Oakland ending up in 3rd place.

Quote:
detroits hanging on but i guess it dosen't matter that much to the white sox as they can and will get in on the wold card and vice versa.
The Detroit lead isn't so big now. Either the Twins or ChiSox could take it by the end.

Quote:
the mets suddenly look hopeless without glavine for the rest of the season, pedro's questionable..... their setup man is out for the season, their closer has not been himself this year, who's left....o. hernandez,trachsel, oh my are the mets in trouble or what...they only thing they have left is their lineup which just so happens to be a little more than impressive, but is that enough, i don't think so, not without pedro at least...poor glavine
Mets still have a 14 game jump. The rest of the division isn't exactly intimidating. I say they hang on, although there is a lot of ball left to play.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote