View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Let's say you "put your foot down" and he didn't invite her. We could go a step further and say maybe he lays off her for a while...

My theory is never tell someone what to do. They will eventually resent you for it...it might take 2 days, 2 weeks, or 20 years, but one day that will finish up boiling inside of them and you will take the brunt of the pain.

So, where does that leave you? With this: if he loves YOU and wants to marry YOU why does he seem so fascinated with HER? Why would HE want to get married as well, if he feels something for her? If he wants to be with you...it shouldn't be so difficult; you should not have to "make" him! Can you imagine a lifetime of trying to "make" him make you the number one person in his life? It would be a lonely marriage.

My guess is he knows she won't leave her husband for whatever reason (is it money, fear, children?) and he may as well do the same and they will just keep on the way they are.

I have to agree with the concensus: do NOT MARRY THIS MAN. Without even knowing you, I know that you deserve better. Practically anyone would!

Rise up, girl...demand respect!

Best of wishes for your decision.