Thread: Comcast sux
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #15
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

So, the installer shows up today. First off, he wants $300 up front to do the install. I tell him, no, nothing was mentioned about paying anything prior to installation. He replies that he's just a subcontractor, and that's what he was told on the work ticket...collect for the new outlet installations, the modem and the first month's fee. Nope, I tell him. Call your supervisor, 'cause nobody said anything about that to me.

Twenty minutes later, he's installing and no money out of my pocket until I am billed. Fine. Then, he declines to install a cable leg to the barn apartment. Says that is "stealing cable". I reply, "It's my damn barn, and if I want to watch cable when I'm out there, how is that any different than you just putting yet another outlet in the main house?" He says he's not allowed. I say bullshit. In the end, he does it.

Still not impressed with Comcast, and I have yet to turn anything on or use their actual service.