View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #39
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Can you give us a tib bit of their evil doings?
I had to sign NDAs a few times in my dealings with them. So, I am limited in what I can say. I offer the following public tid bit. I believe that Google is unfair to older workers even though they prevailed in this suit. It's very hard to prove especially with verbal comments in private.

(AP) A California judge has sided with Google Inc. in an age discrimination lawsuit filed by a former manager who alleged the online search engine leader had fired him because he didn't fit in with the company's youthful culture.

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge William Elfving granted Google a summary judgment on all the case's key issues in a Sept. 21 ruling. The judge concluded that Brian Reid, formerly Google's director of operations, hadn't presented enough evidence to prove Google fired him in February 2004 because of his age.

Reid, who was 54 when he filed the suit more than 14 months ago, said one of Google's executives told him that he lost his job because he didn't fit into Google's youthful atmosphere. ...

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=1174574