View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Rest? What the Hell is that?? I'm not entirely sure what things like "regular nutritious meals" are either.

The quality in the hospital cafeteria has gone down significantly since the last time my mom was hospitalized. I can't stand soggy croutons in a salad, and dammit, if you are going to serve Chicken Cesar Salad you should have some damn Cesar Dressing for it!!

The surgeon told my mother today that it was unlikely that she would leave the hospital without surgery, and also let her know that she is a high risk patient. We still do not know exactly what the surgery would entail.

The radiologist placed a drain to get the infected matter out of her abdomen, this apparently happened late this afternoon after I had visited with her.

My mom is scared, but in fairly good spirits, and seems to have a good team of people looking out for her welfare. She has even come to accept her surgeon, whom she had seen before and had some problems with. The Hospitalist (an internal medicine physician whose practice is covering the hospital, rather than having an outpatient practice) came to see her while I was there. He had just the right combination of goofy humor and good medical skills, and said that members of his own family have been treated by this particular surgeon, and he wouldn't want anyone else.

I thank everyone for their prayers and energy, they are helping a great deal.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote