View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #9
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I'm about five hours away from Tablerock, and I used to go there a lot back in the 80's. We've got so many nice lakes so much closer these days (Truman, Smithville, Stockton, Pomme de Terre and Longview Lake, which I can practically throw a rock into from my back door) that we don't make the drive much anymore.

It isn't as attractive to me these days, either. Ever since Branson turned from sleepy backroad hillbilly walnut bowl emporium into the Christian Las Vegas, Tablerock has gotten a bit crazy for my taste. I usually like my rural recreation experiences to be just slightly more rural.

Understandable. I didn't realize that you had so many lakes in Missouri. But I'll tell you, I don't really know much, about anything . I agree that Tablerock is crazy...but it's a family tradition. We've been going there 3-4 times a year since I was about 10. We go along with 5 or so other families and always have a good time. Maybe that's because we add to the crazyness of the lake. Maybe we are the ones that people don't want there?